Monday, February 28, 2011

Good-bye February!

I'm falling behind once again on my blogging. This is what working full time and being a Mommy does to you. Time flies by! I am happy to see February go. This is my least favorite month of the year mainly because it's still Winter but you know Spring is right around the corner, although this last week the weather has been so nice. Bring on Spring!!

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to two special guys. Both my hubby and nephew celebrated a birthday on February 26th. Ricky turned 33 (which he considers old and I keep telling him he's crazy) and my nephew Sean celebrated is big FIRST birthday! With the flu, poor kiddo.

Ricky and I got to go out to dinner, something we haven't done together since......I can't even remember. My Mother-In-Law babysat Ms. Sophie. We went to Oscar's in Summerville and then a new wine bar called Accent on Wine. I really like it there, they serve a large assortment of wine and beer along with cheeses and fruit. We will be going back for sure!

In other "big" news we took the front rails off Sophie's crib on Friday. First night she did really well, took a little bit of time for her to go down as usual, but she slept all night in her bed. Next two nights have not gone so well, she's fallen out of her bed. So as of this morning I ordered the little white mesh guard rail. This is a big transition for all of us and it'll just take some time getting used to. She can't sleep in a crib forever. Next on the list is the paci take away. I want it gone by the time she's two so we've got 4 months to go and I have a feeling this will be the ultimate battle.

Running is going well. Just trying to maintain my training at this point. Two weeks ago I ran 12 miles then yesterday I ran 11.5. I wanted to shoot for 13 but it was warmer than I anticipated and I did not have any water with me. Plus I'm thinking those 3 glasses of wine I had the night before did not help. I felt tired starting out but then my second wind hit. Still no decision on whether I'm going to do a marathon in the fall. I'm still on the fence and just when I think I want to commit I talk myself out of it. If I ran anything like I did Sunday I won't make it. But note to self, no booze before a long run. Still, the weather was awesome and it was nice to be outside.

I have some pictures to post of Sean's first birthday party and randoms of Sophie but I just haven't had the time to upload. The only reason I'm posting at this moment is because it's my lunch hour at work.

So fingers crossed that my child will sleep decent this week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...