Monday, December 21, 2009

Braved the Bridge

Yesterday I ran the Cooper River Bridge with my friends Pam and Nikki. It was about 40 degrees and windy as hell but we braved the elements and kicked butt! Ran for 5 miles total (2.5 up and down and then another 2.5 back). Time was about 58 minutes or so and I only stopped once to walk for about a minute.

So proud that I did this. Makes me much more confidant to run the 10k in a few weeks. Needless to say I have a blister the size of Texas on my right foot (the instep). So before I can venture out I need to let this heal and then figure out how to prevent blisters while running. I seem to get them often, first on my heels, and now that the skin is all toughed up I'm getting them on my toes and other areas. I think it's the socks..... Good thing Ricky's not a foot guy because I'm going to need a heavy duty pedicure before it's time to wear flops again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...