Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Crawling Baby Alert!!

I don't have a picture to post yet, working on that, but SOPHIE IS CRAWLING!!! She just started last week. I was surprised to see her start crawling towards me one evening. I put her in the nursery, closed the baby gate and went to start the bath water. I hear her crying (more like whining) and I go back to assure her that I'm right here and next thing I see is her crawling towards the gate!! I screamed for Ricky and sure enough, she was crawling right along. Not even the military one armed pull, full on crawling on hands and knees. So now that means we have lowered the crib (she's pulling up and sitting in her crib now) and just keeping an eye on her. Haven't started "baby proofing" yet. She isn't quite going towards things like the outlets and cabinets...but I know she will. We're also starting to teach her "no" - which she does not like one bit, she'll get over it. Pictures to come, I promise. We're heading to the beach for Easter weekend Thursday so there will be PLENTY of pictures.

Other news, I participated in the Cooper River Bridge Run this past Saturday. It was my very first time. This is a 10k race that starts in Mount Pleasant for about 1.5 miles, goes up the bridge for about 2.5 miles, and then through the streets of downtown for about another 2.2 miles or so. It was a tough race, there were a TON of people so it was difficult to get around everyone. My chip time was 1:00:57 so I was a little over my usual finish time. I'm OK with that. With all the people, it was so hard to get around so the fact that I came in 2 minutes past my normal time. I'll take it!!

As I mentioned above, Ricky, Sophie, and I are headed to North Myrtle Beach this week for a beach getaway. Yes, I know we love close to beaches here in Charleston, but we got a really good deal on a condo for three night, including the dogs. We wanted to do a little trip as a family sometime this year and we couldn't pass up a good deal. I'm so excited because the weather is going to ROCK this weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...