Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Getting back to normal

After the week of hell last week I'm happy to report that things are getting back to "normal" in the Bell home. Of course after everything the time changed and messed up all our schedules. Maybe that's why I've been so tired the last couple of days, we lost an hour of sleep! Didn't seem to affect Sophie too terribly although she wants to play longer in the evenings because of the extended daylight.

Let's see, last Saturday I ran the Flowertown Festival 10k. My time was 58:45 and I'm very pleased with my results, considering I was going to only do the 5k since I had stomach bug all week and had barely eaten anything. I decided to go for the 6.2 miles and worse case I stop and walk. Well I ran the entire time and beat my previous 10k time by 1 min and 1 sec. So I'm happy. Ricky ran the 5k in 30 minutes. Way to go Ricky!! Of course my good friend Pam blew us all away with her 53:07 10k time. She's a rock star.

Next race is the Cooper River Bridge Run next weekend. This will be my first year participating. I can honestly say that running the bridge doesn't scare me. The crowds of people that I will be smashed up against does. I'm mildly claustrophobic so I'm not looking forward to being packed like sardines with people. Not going to think about it yet.

Promise to post some pictures soon!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...