Saturday, September 25, 2010

Carolina Children's Charity 8K

Happy first day of Fall!! Sure doesn't feel like Fall here in the Lowcountry. High 80's and still humid as hell. Soon, very soon it'll get cooler... or at least less humid.

So Fall marks the beggining of race season! This morning I ran in the Children's Charity 8K (that would be 5.1 miles). I finished in 44:15 and won 3rd place for my age group (24-29). Pretty stinkin happy about it too, my first time winning, well anything really.

My good friend Pam snapped some pictures, unfortunately she could not participate. Pam is battling Mono!! Feel better soon Pam!! It was a good run and I'm proud of my performance!

Next Saturday is the IOP Connector Run, a 10K (6.2 miles). I've recruited Ricky to run the 5K. He's not so much a runner but is being a good sport.


Ready, set, GO!



3rd place - woo-hoo!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...