Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Sophie!

Yesterday my baby turned two years old. This is very bittersweet because my baby is not a baby anymore, yet she will always be my baby. We are officially head first in the toddler world. Lord help me!

Saturday we went to the beach and met up with three other couples with kids. The day was perfect weather wise, hot and sunny but not scorching (until we got back to the car). Sophie had a blast as did Ricky and I. She even took a little 1.5 hour nap, which she never does, so we got some down time. 

I stole these from my friend's Facebook album. I haven't yet downloaded my pictures!

I like to take random pics of myself with someone else's camera. I'm a dork.

Sophie about ready to pass out. Yes, she still has her paci. We're working on it.

Sophie and her friends
Since we had such a fun and tiring day, we decided Sunday would be low-key and just the three of us since we'd already had her party the weekend before. We filled up the little inflatable pool and had it ready for when Sophie woke up from her nap. Little did I know she'd take almost a 3 hour nap! Played in the pool for about an hour and then I started dinner. Pork tenderloin with some mashed potatoes, salad, broccoli and birthday cake yum! Of course Sophie wanted nothing to do with dinner....she's starting her "I don't want to eat" thing again. I think it might be those pesky 2 year molars coming in but honestly I'm done trying to figure out why kids do some of the things they do. She sure did eat the heck out of her piece of cake though!

WARNING: I'm about to gush about my child. I just love that little girl. Sure she's going through her awful temper tantrum phase: screaming, crying, hitting (both herself and me), but she can be the most lovable and sweetest little girl. I love watching her play with other kids. She rarely takes toys away and shares....about 90% of the time. She gives us hugs and kisses and says "I wove you mama." Melts me! She is such a cute cross between me and Ricky with her beautiful brown eyes (me) and her fine blond "crazy" hair (Ricky). I am just so excited to see how much she's going to change in this next year. Maybe she'll mellow out some...I'm hoping. She's quite the drama queen. But all in all she's mine and I love her! Happy Birthday Sophie!

I'm seriously not meaning for this blog to turn into a running blog...maybe I'll start another one....but then that's two blogs I'd have to keep up with...a third if I decide to re-start my art blog....but I wanted to say that I'm now about 95% sure I'm going to do the Charleston Marathon in January.

See, the main issue I was having was training on my own - can't seem to find anyone to train with me..which is fine because I really do like to run alone most days...but I was starting to get worried about doing those really long runs by myself and being out there alone...you never know what could happen. Who or what is lurking in the woods....what if there's an emergency and I pass out on the side of the road...no one will know where I am. Yes, I'm a tad paranoid in my older age but I feel these are legit concerns.

So to solve this problem I came up and with a really good idea...just need my hubby on board (and no, he's NOT going to run with me). He's going to bike ride!! Eureka! See, Ricky does not like to run long distances. He's done 1 10k and I don't think he ever wants to do another one. So I proposed that we get him a bike and he can ride while I do my long runs. That way I won't be alone, he won't have to run, I will get to train, and he'll get exercise out of the deal. Everybody wins! Even thinking about getting one of those bike attachments that Sophie can ride in as long as we aren't in an area with a ton of traffic. Other days she might have to go to Gigi's house. 

But still! I think it's a great plan and now I'm eager to put together my training plan to start sometime around September. I've been reading and gathering information but I'm still not 100% sure what I should be doing what plan is going to work for me. Also tried GU for the first time yesterday and.....YUCK!!!!!!!!! How in the world do people choke that down when they're running marathons? I wanted to vomit at the first taste. I had to squirt it in my mouth and chug water. Then after I ran I felt really yucky. I had to lay down and take a nap! So I'm thinking GU may not be for me. I have a power bar gel I'm going to try and then I'll look into the jelly beans or shot bloks. I had a few shot bloks before I ran my half marathon in April and I honestly don't know if they helped. I didn't eat any during the race, but I cramped up really bad after I crossed the finish line (all those darn hills) so maybe I will need something to help me along the way. I ran 4 days in a row and I think my legs are telling me to take a break so tomorrow I will attempt to sleep in. And by sleep in I mean 6:00 :)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Happy Birthday Sophie!!! Let her keep that paci, mine still get theirs at nap and bedtime. Sara (4) had hers until she was almost 3. I think it helps with no thumb sucking, ou definitely don't want a thumb sucker, how do you take that away?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...