Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My baby is turning 2!

Sophie will be 2 years old on Sunday. Two years old!!! She is in full swing terrible two's. She's never been much of a hitter but the last few weeks she hits and scratches when she gets upset. The only way I can get her to stop is if I spank her. Pot calling the kettle black I know, but seriously it gets her attention and then she cries and wants a hug. So I'm rolling with it. 

This past Saturday we had her birthday party so my family could make it down. My sister teaches high school and their graduation is the weekend of her actual birthday and my sister cannot miss graduation this year so we bumped it up a week. 

I threw an art party. One of Sophie's favorite things to do it color so I thought this would be a cheap and easy thing to do. I thought it turned out well, kids made a mess for a little while and then they ran around and played. We did cake and presents and ta-da! Party complete. She, of course, has no idea that it's her birthday so I have all my really good party ideas saved up for when she gets older and will appreciate it more. 

So here are a few pictures from the party. The only bad thing about June is it's so stinking hot and humid here so outdoor parties are awe some but hot. We need a pool.

















I got the idea from http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.com/search/label/art%20birthday%20party. There was so much more I wanted to do but I just didn't have the time to do all the cool crafty things I wanted. Maybe next year but again, she's 2 and could care less. I mean heck, in the picture above you can see how "excited" she is to open presents. She would have rather played outside. That's why she's so mad, we brought her in to open presents. What horrible parents we are :)

On her actual birthday we may take her either to the beach or to the Children's Museum downtown. I will fix her favorite meal (which seems to change week by week) and get her a little cake. Then the next day I'm going to take cupcakes and little party favors to school so the kids in her class can help celebrate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...