Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bad Day

A rainy day is never a good day. I've never heard of anyone who wakes up and says "Ah, it's raining, what a great day!" For me, and many others in the world who have longer than normal commutes to work, know that rain equals bad drivers and bad traffic.

So I've driven my long ass drive many a times in the rain. This day was not any different until I got the phone call from my wonderful husband saying "I just got to the office." See, Ricky is primarily responsible for picking up Sophie from daycare. I don't get off till 5:30 and by the time I make it over the Don Holt Bridge (AKA HELL)and through the traffic of people trying to merge onto I-26, THEN through the hoards of cars trying to get to West Ashley, it would be later than I would like Sophie to be picked up. I take her everyday, Ricky picks her up. That's our deal.

So back to the "phone call" at 5:15, Ricky still has his boss and President of his company that he as to take to the airport. Frustrated, I leave work early to rush to get Sophie. After sitting in traffic, because it's sprinkling and that just makes everyone in Charleston forget how to drive, I finally make it to Leeds Ave about 5:45. Sitting at the stop light it turns green and I proceed to go through the intersection when I all of a sudden hear screeching tires and then she hits me and I go sliding all over the damn place because it's raining and wet out. I go over to the side of the road into the grass and ALMOST down a damn hill (ironically right below me is Sophie's daycare). Luckily I was able to stop because I seriously thought I was going down the hill.

So the stupid moron woman wasn't paying a bit of attention coming off the interstate and proceeded to go ahead and make a right turn at a red light while I was passing through the intersection. She must of been going pretty fast because she nailed me good. I predict she was on her phone but I don't know that for sure.

Luckily no one was hurt, I'm a little stiff and sore today but other than that I'm fine. I think my car is fixable but we are waiting to be contacted by the insurance company (she did have insurance thank goodness!). The other driver got a ticket and has to appear in court. And that was a perfect way to end a crappy day.

LUCKILY Sophie was not in the car with me and I want to cry everytime I think "what if she was." Things could have been a lot worse so for that, I am thankful that they weren't.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn!
Oh my...glad you are okay. Prayers sent to you. The truck looks fixable! I am glad Sophie was not with you. Lots of love to everyone!

Carrie

Our Family said...

I am so glad that all was ok. Wish your commute would get better:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...