Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Slacker

I've totally slacked on the blog this month, it's been a busy month! The count down has officially begun, 3 weeks till Sophie turns 1!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone, it amazes me. I'm a little sad that my baby won't be a baby much longer but I look forward to the toddler years. She's so much fun and her little personality is really coming out (or should I say attitude).

Updates:
- Pulling up and anything and everything!
- Eating table food like a champ. She's come a long way. LOVES pasta, broccoli, yogurt, goldfish, bbq, waffles and finally started eating fruit dices (for a while she seemed to be having an issue with texture). Throws the food she doesn't like on the floor.
- Walking with assistance, pushing her toys while walking. Not yet standing on her own but she's holding onto things one handed while standing.
- Babbling up a storm. Will still only say Dada, no mama yet. Oh and we think she's started "yelling" at the dogs when they bark. Because that's what we do. It's cute.
- Knows what "no" means but doesn't really want to listen :)
- Just cut her 5Th tooth with the 6th right behind it.
- claps and waves "bye bye"
- Does the "wiggle wiggle" (her signature dance move).

She's hit a ton of milestones in a short amount of time.

Let's see, what else has been going on. Just last week all three of us came down with a funky cold. Last weekend I started getting a sore throat that turned into a full on chest cold. Then the congestion set in and if things couldn't get worse I got pink eye! Then Sophie starts to cough and get a little snotty. She's fine except she got ear infection #5. Ugh. No talk of tubes until after summer OR if she gets another ear infection during the summer. The dr. told me that she has 2 things in her favor 1) Summertime is coming and 2) she's ending the first year of life. Two factors that greatly contribute to ear infections. Tubes could be a reality in the up and coming months. Not opposed to it, just another thing to deal with.

In two months I will be registering for the Kiawah half marathon. This is still something that I really want to accomplish this year, but just as I get into my running grove, something happens. Like this past week I was doing so well and averaging 4-5 days a week running and working out and then BAM! Cold and sickness sets in and I've been out of it for a week. Luckily the rest seemed to do my muscles some good because I was able to run 5 miles this morning in 46 minutes. Felt good, then coughed my brains out :)

We're all really looking forward to summer. I hope to get Sophie to the beach some and to a pool. Of course I want to get her back on the boat as well. She's only been out once and it wasn't a horrible experience but she HATED the life jacket.

Hope everyone has an awesome Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...