Wednesday, August 11, 2010

4 Months To Go!

I have 4 months until I run my first 1/2 marathon. Seems like a long time, but it's really not. I'll be here before I know it.

So far I'm up to mile 8. I ran 8 miles on Sunday, 3 on Monday with some weight training, and then 6 today. So I'm 17 for the week so far. According to Hal Higdon's novice training guide, I'm on schedule for the most part.

One thing I noticed when I ran on Sunday is my left leg started to get a cramp right around 7.5 miles. I did not want to stop and walk so I pushed through. Hoping that was just a fluke and legs need to get used to the distance. This Sunday my goal is 9 and will continue to go up. Long runs once a week on the weekend (whichever day I have more time).

So far I'm feeling good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...