Saturday, August 21, 2010

Things Never Go As Planned

With a child? I'm learning this more and more each day.

A week in review:

 - Started new daycare on Monday and it went pretty well for a first day. Sophie did pretty well.
- Tuesday I noticed that Sophie was not taking to daycare as well as Monday.
- Wednesday Sophie was NOT happy to be left as at school. Red flag goes up. She usually takes to things pretty well and not to mention she had not been sleeping well. Woke up around 4 in the morning screaming and felt warm to me. So I get a call that she has a fever of 101.9.Take her to the doctor and she's got blisters on her throat. Not strep but a virus - Hand, Foot, and Mouth virus or a form of it. Doctor says fever can last about 5 days and we just have to let the virus run it's course.
- Thursday I stay home, Sophie still not sleeping well. In fact she was awake and crying about every two hours.
- Friday I go to work and Sophie goes to Gigi's. Still not sleeping well. Find out that daycare has a stomach bug going around. Thank goodness she missed that!!!
- Saturday she slept better than she had all week. You can tell her mouth is bothering her. Noticed a little sore on her tongue (ugh) but there's no blisters or rash on her hands and feet.

Fingers crossed that she's on the upswing because we're supposed to go on vacation tomorrow with the Bell family. Playing it by ear to see how her fever is and how she's feeling. Last thing we want to do is pass it onto Addison. It's rare for adults to get so I'm as concerned about us.

My goal was 10 miles today. Ha, I did 4, barely. So tired from the week and I had zero motivation. Put all the stress of taking care of sick kid and dealing with work and I spent. I need this vacation but I most importantly need my baby girl to get well. This virus sucks but luckily she'll not catch this strain again since she'll build immunity to it.

Hopefully by the time she gets to kindergarten she'll have this kick ass immune system!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...