Thursday, August 5, 2010

Learning Photoshop

I'll say it again, I heart Photoshop Elements! I've learned a lot since I first installed it. I've installed a ton of actions from The Pioneer Woman and Coffee Shop Photography (who also have really good tutorials). I'm the kind of person who learns best if I just dive right in. I don't want to learn the basics first, I'll figure it out along the way. If I can't figure it out I Google it.

Here are some recent photos I edited. A few with actions and a few all by myself. I think the thing that's going to be the hardest is trying to figure out what the photo needs done to it, and not over editing. Sometimes the smallest change can do wonders for your photo's. At the same time, I still have a lot to learn with my camera, but PSE has a bunch of tools that can do what the camera did not.

Ricky and our nephew Garrett in Florida 2 years ago

Butterscotch Vintage Action from Coffee Shop Photography

SOOC - straight out of camera

Bold Pop from Coffee Shop Photograhpy

SOOC

Did this one all by myself!!

For the hydrangea I decided I liked the colors (I'm a big fan of bright colors) and I wanted them to pop out a little bit more. So I adjusted the hue/saturation, bumped up the green, yellow, magenta, and red. Sharpened it a little, added some contrast, darkend the background (using the burn tool) and blurred the background slightly. Lastly I added a bit of a yellow tint. And ta-da!

Have to admit I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...