Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

It's Tuesday and sadly I'm back at work. We had an awesome long weekend and wish that I had more time off but vacation is a month away!!

Saturday we didn't do much. I ran on Folly Beach that morning, 9.25 miles. My goal was 12 but I got there a little later than I wanted to and it was HOT. Luckily there was a breeze but still hot and humid and the sun was shining bright as can be. So I decided to cut the run short...which is ok because it's almost Summer and it's just getting too hot for me to do long runs unless I wake up before the sun comes and even then it's still hot and humid. I'll just do what I can. Anyway, I ran errands for Sophie's birthday party that's this coming weekend. Started cleaning the house, washing sheets, towels, planning food for the weekend. 

Sunday we went with our friend Rachael, Phillip and their daughter Kinsey to Seabrook Island, a private island. A beautiful island. I want to live there. Ricky says I either need to win the lottery or get a sugar daddy. We had a blast! We were there for about 4 hours, which we wanted to stay longer but kids were getting tired and to the point of no return. Major meltdowns have potential to happen when we get to that point. Here are some pictures from Sunday. 

Seabrook Beach Club. We were guests of Rachael's client, Betsy, who lives here. 

Sophie and Kinsey. That's my girl, eating chips just like her Momma like to do

Me and my little beach bum. 



LOVES the beach!
Monday was pretty low key. I had to run some more errands, pick up a few more things for her party. Went to the gym and then made sure she had a good nap. Then we went to my in-laws for a cookout. Sophie got to play with her cousin Addison and I got to hold my nephew Lawson who will be 2 weeks old tomorrow.

Summer is coming! In fact it's pretty much here even though it's not officially Summer. Hot as hell out there and it's gonna get worse. 

Oh and I ran a 10k on the treadmill in 49:25! That is my goal for the Fall. I want to break 50 minutes for my 10k and break 2 hours for my half marathon. I'm getting faster and that makes me happy. Let's see if I can do that pace on the pavement.

Hope everyone had a fun Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...