Monday, December 26, 2011

Steppin Up in the World

Merry Christmas! It has been a fast couple of days and I've been a busy little bee baking my little heart out the last few days.

I am happy to report that I've mentally and physically recovered from my sucky run on Friday. I have come to realize that I pushed it and wasn't in the mood to run that day but wanted to get it done so I didn't have to worry about it over Christmas. I realize that I should have waited a few days. It's all good. I redeemed myself this morning with a 7.5 miler on the treadmill. I had planned on running outside but for some reason the treadmill was calling my name. Weird but I had a great run so that's all that matters at this point.

Sophie had a fantastic Christmas. I think she was very overwhelmed by it all but she made out good with a doll house, Wooden food sets and a Diner stand to cook us up some good "play" food. A bunch of other stuff too. I have pictures I need to download but haven't gotten around to it just yet.

I made homemade cinnamon rolls from the Pioneer Woman. I made them last year and figured these would be my Christmas tradition. They take some time but are well worth it. So yummy and so bad for you but that's OK, it's Christmas!

I was suprised myself this year. My hubby got me an iPhone 4. I think I mentioned it like a month ago that having one would be kind of neat. I just figured the phone and plan were too expensive but when I opened my present there it was! I spent the majority of the moring getting it set up and playing with it. This is the girl who didn't have a cell phone for the longest time and still manages to leave it in my purse and miss a ton of calls and text. But the iPhone is pretty neat and I feel like I'm a little more technologically advanced now.

I got my hubby some fishing apparel, some spiced rum that he likes and he pretty much between his mom, my family, got everything on his list.

Sad that it's my last day off and I have a ton of cleaning to do but it's been a nice 4 day weekend and I can't really say that I've relaxed like I wanted to but that's just the way it is sometimes. I guess when my kids are older and can fend for themselves or at least be a little self sufficient I can relax.

Looking forward to a short work week and then another 3 day weekend for New Years!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...