Monday, January 9, 2012

5 Days To Go

I'm getting together my "race plan" this week. There's a lot to think about. Friday I'm taking the day off of work to relax but that's really what I'm not going to be doing. I have to take Sophie to school, go to the grocery store. Then I'm going to head over to the race expo and pick up my stuff. Then I'm going to head home and get my house in order for company. My parents, sister and her two boys will be here Friday night and then my brother and sister in law are driving down for the day on Saturday. I love my family. I even told them if they want to make signs that would be OK :)

Saturday the race doesn't start till 8:00 so I don't have to be up too super early. I'll probably wake up about 5 am just to eat and let it settle. I'll probably spend about 30 minutes in the bathroom (hey - just keeping it real. I get a stomach ache when I get nervous). I shower to help wake myself up. Then I'll get dressed and we'll head down to the starting line. Ricky is going to drop me off and it'll take about 45 minutes to get down there. I want to be at the start about 7:30 or so. I hate being rushed. Just have to make sure I have an outfit laid out for Sophie and directions on how to get her ready.

I have a large spectator group so I'm happy and now the pressure is on! Not really but mentally it is, I want to do well.

This week I'm PMS-ing. Isn't that a swell thing to look forward to right before you run a marathon? Gotta love  mother nature.

I've planned out my meals for the week and am feeling pretty confident about it all. I'm not going crazy over pasta but I'm trying to incorporate good carbs where I can. And I decided I want pizza Friday night. Not nasty Pappa Johns but Trader Joe's pizza dough and my own yummy toppings. Either way I'm going to be nervous so I don't think it matters what I eat.

We got our kitchen painted on Saturday. I love the color, will post a picture soon.

For Christmas my mom made Sophie a pair of ruffle pants. Yesterday she finally wore them for the first time. She looks so stinkin cute!



I did a 2 mile run yesterday, then some elliptical and light weights. I'm not doing any weights this week except for abs. Tomorrow I'm going to do 5 miles, then 3 on Wed. and debating whether I should do 2 miles on Friday. To be decided.

Someone at work asked me today if I'm ready. I said that I am physically ready but not quite mentally. Getting there though. I know I can do this!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...