Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Not a Good Sign

My shins were killing me this morning while I ran. 

I even warmed up on the elliptical and stretched before I started running. 

But the shins hurt. The. Whole. Time. 

I set out for 4 miles and stopped at 3.1. A little frustrated but I decided to stop because running is not as enjoyable when you're in pain.

So the fact that I'm in pain when I run concerns me a little. 

It's not a fall down on the ground and cry pain but more like a grimace when I step. I'm pretty sure this is a sign that I need to take a break from running for a little while. My body is rebelling for some reason.

I will take a break, promise. Right after Saturday's half marathon. I'm debating whether I should try and run the rest of the week or just cross train and rest and see how Saturday goes. I'm going for the latter. 

I went through the whole marathon training without injuring myself (except for my nagging plantar fasciits) and I know that I probably didn't give myself enough time to recover but this is a little annoying.

First it was the tight calves and now it's the shins. 

Luckily in the up and coming weeks I will be forced to take a few days off to rest - no working out at all - due to my husbands job so that will be good for my body, but not my mind. No working out for 4 days!! What am I going to do??

Break out the P90X I guess. But then that's not really taking time off is it? Hmmm........

Anyway like I said, this half marathon coming up is not going to be a PR race even though I would love it to be. I just don't know if I have it in me right now. It'll mostly be for fun and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...