Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Big News!






We've been waiting patiently these last 20 weeks and we finally know what Baby Bell is going to be. I won't keep you in suspense any longer ... we are having a GIRL! I can now call her "she" instead of "it." Even though we thought we were having a boy, we are super excited and can't wait till we meet her in June (seems so far away but I know it'll be here before we know it).
The ultrasound went very well. She was very active and moving around a bunch. It's hard to tell from the pictures but the tech said that she was upside down with her bottom up facing towards my belly (which provided a great shot of her "girl parts"). From her measurements the tech said that she is about 12 oz, which is on target with me being 20 weeks as of today. We could see and hear the heartbeat, it was at 141 beats per minute. Overall she looks normal and we are extremely happy for that!
So now it's time to get busy and start decorating the nursery. I know exactly how I'm decorating (hey what can I say, I'm a planner and I've had a lot of time to think). The only hard part will be deciding on a name! We had the boy's name all figured out but could not decide on a girls name to save our lives! I'm leaning towards Caroline but we aren't sure. For now she'll just be referred to as "her" or "she."

That's the big news for the day!! Once I start working on the nursery I will make sure I post some pictures.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I am so happy for you!!! Girls are awesome!! I sort of thought you were having a girl, but I knew you would be happy with either.

Eva and Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...