Monday, June 7, 2010

Sophie and Wylie

This child loves Wylie. She will crawl over to him in a heartbeat and love on him. In recent weeks, Sophie has learned how to give kisses. Who does she give kisses to? Not Mommy or Daddy, Wylie.

So this is a big week for us, Sophie is becoming a toddler in so many ways. I knew it was coming but it's still hard to come to terms with. More for me than her. She's moved up to the next room at school so she's back with all her buddies who are older than her. This morning I brought her in and she seemed a little reluctant to let go of me. I sat her down at the little table where all the kids were eating their breakfast and gave her cereal. She started munching and they all just kind of sat there and stared at each other. It was cute. So I put her stuff up and left, she didn't seem to notice at all.

This week also starts the transition to whole milk. Gave her some on Saturday in her sippy cup and she would drink a little and then kind of look at me funny. She drank a little bit more yesterday. So we're taking less bottles to daycare to wean her. We're on our last tub of formula so once this is gone, that's it.

No walking yet, but she did stand on her own for a couple of seconds yesterday. I think it scared her slightly because her eyes got really big and she sat down all of a sudden. So I think it'll be a challenge for her to "let go" of her bottles, for me too. It means she's heading out of baby stage and it's just weird, a good weird. I think I'll let her get used to her new changes before I start "paci take away." THAT should be fun, especially at night!

So here's some pictures and a couple of me with my new hair color. I decided to go a little darker, back to my original color. I love having the blond highlights, but this summer I just wanted something different. I like it!! Goes well with the tan.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...