Monday, June 21, 2010

Sophie's 1st Birthday



I know these pictures are a week late. Last Saturday, June 12th, my little girl turned 1 year old. AHHHH!! How fast did this year go? We had a watermelon themed party for our little "watermelon head." That's our nickname for Sophie. I think I've explained before we don't call her that because she has a big head. When she was a few months old she wore this little outfit with watermelons on it. Ricky called her watermelon head and she'd smile so the name just kind of stuck. It will retire soon, especially as she gets older.

Sophie got a ton of cool toys and cute clothes. She had some of her friends there and the cake was delicious. The food too, if I don't say so myself. I was pooped after that weekend, I cooked my tail off (with help from my sister and mom). Ricky smoked some pig butt's, I made homemade potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, a watermelon fruit bowl, chips and dip, pico and guac, and some cheese balls and brie. Yum!

Sophie went to the doctor last Monday for her 12 month checkup and shots. She weighs 19 lbs, 3 oz, (20th percentile for weight) and is 29 inches long (50th percentile for height). She's getting ready to cut her 7th tooth (possibly a molar, it's really swollen back there). She said mama for the first time this past weekend!! She's starting to make more sounds, the "mmm" sounds is more prominent now. Still says her "da's" but she's babbling up a storm. Not walking yet but she's starting to stand by herself for a couple of seconds here and there. I don't think it'll be long at all. She's getting more and more steady on her feet.

I'm excited to see her develop. She does something new every week and it just melts my heart that she said mama!!

Just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to Ricky. He is such a great daddy, Sophie is lucky to have him. We enjoyed a day at the beach yesterday with the Bell family at Kiawah. Sophie went in to ocean and seemed to love it, until a wave got water in her face and then, not so much. It was a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn:
I am so happy to see Sophie had a great day. I was thinking of you all!

She is so cute...Miss you.

Carrie and Bryan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...