Monday, October 11, 2010

2 Months to Go and 10 Miles Down

Officially 2 months until my first half marathon. I often wonder what in the world possessed me to enter a 13.1 mile race? Can I really run 13.1 miles (2 hours or so) of straight running? Because I won't walk, I'll make myself run the entire distance otherwise why even bother?

I am proud to say that I got to the 10 mile goal this past weekend! I ran on this trail in Summerville, I think it's about 10 miles long from start to finish. A lot of people bike ride, run and walk. It was the perfect morning too. Wasn't too hot or too cold, slight breeze. I ran to the 5 mile marker and then turned around. I ran the entire distance in 1 hour and 38 minutes. That's about a 9:51 pace time, a little slow for me, but I wasn't trying to break a speed records here, just wanted to cover the distance.

So my confidence is up! This weekend I have the Lowcountry Race for the Cure on Daniel Island. I do this run every year. It's only a 5k but I'd like to run it in under 26 minutes. Then on Sunday I will be going to 11 miles!!

Sophie update: Sophie has mastered saying "bye bye." She likes to stand in her nursery, close the gate, and wave and say "bye bye." She has the cutest little voice! Now we're just trying to get her to say other things. Please and Thank You are on the list. She also likes to "read" us stories, in Sophie language. Hey, the fact that she loves books and wants to read is fine by me.

We've both been under the weather a tad this past week. Both had colds and then her's developed into a little sinus infection. To top it all off, she's cutting all 4 of her canine teeth! Poor girl. She's a trooper!.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...