Monday, October 18, 2010

Racing for a Cure

I've participated in the Lowcountry Race for the Cure every year since I've moved to the Charleston area. I love doing this race, (1) because it's for a good cause, and being a woman who will hopefully not have to deal with breast cancer, I'm glad to know there's a foundation out there trying to find a cure and raise awareness. (2) it's on Daniel Island. The homes and scenery are beautiful.

Ricky ran with me this year and we are happy to say that we are both stoked with our running times. I beat my intended goal, which was 25:45. I ran it in 25.35 and Ricky's time was 27:58! This time last year I ran it in like 30 minutes or something and that was right after I had Sophie. So I'm proud of my progress this past year, a 5 minute time difference!

Next race for me is the James Island Connector Run 10k November 6th. It will be my first time running this race. Looking forward to it!

After Kiawah, I've decided to sign up for the Riverfront Race Festival 1/2 Marathon in January. I'm not sure if I'm going to like running the half, but I can always transfer my bib to the 10k race, I just lose out on the money. BUT I'm ambitious so I'm going to go for it. I think.... still up in the air about it. I can't decide so I'll just think about it more.

At the starting line. Ricky and I are there somewhere in the crowd.

Sophie update: 16 months old!

What a talker this girl is! She doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now, but she's working on it. She can say bye bye clear as day. She's trying to say Wylie, but not Zoe so much. Boy she loves her doggies that's for sure! She no longer wants to be rocked to sleep, she points to her crib and goes down without a fuss. Most nights.

She loves to be read to and loves to read to us! Again, makes no sense but the fact that she tries to talk and turns the pages like she's actually reading is pretty darn cool. When she's sitting in her chair and wants down we've taught her to point down. We try to get her to say "down please" but she's working on it. At least she knows to point and let us know that much. Her most favorite thing in the whole world is to PLAY OUTSIDE! She LOVES it and wants to be outside pretty much all the time. Makes sense, she's stuck in daycare all day long. We try to accomodate her demands as much as possible. She even brings us our shoes!

Here is a picture of my sweet little girl, trying to climb up some stairs. She doesn't stay still long enough for me to get a decent picture anymore. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...