Monday, October 4, 2010

Best Weekend, Best Husband Ever

I just want to say that I had the best weekend that I've had in a really long time.

Friday evening Sophie went to spend the night at her Gigi and Poppy's house so Ricky and I could wake up early Saturday morning for the IOP Connector Run (Isle of Palms).

So we ran the race, which was pretty awesome. The weather was perfect, the scenery was pretty, my time was better than my previous 10k! My time was 57:23 and Ricky's 5k time was 31:25. It's a pretty tough race, you go up and over the IOP Connector (connects Isle of Palms to Mt. Pleasant), the 5k runners turn around once they get over. The 10k runners continue on down and then loop around somewhere in Mt. Pleasant to come back. The tough part is you feel this sense of accomplishment getting over the darn thing and then you realize you have go over it again! The last part is tough but once you get over you get a nice clear view of the Atlantic Ocean and it makes you just.....want to hurry up and get it over with :).

So after the race we, upon my request, we stopped by Home Depot to get a few things for some projects that we're going to be doing.

We finish up and head home so that Sophie and Gigi can meet us there. I walk in the house and see my crazy pups outside and then I notice there's an extra dog, a black dog, standing among my heathens. I realize, that's my sister's dog, May. I turn the corner and....

There's my family!! What a surprise!! I had no idea they were coming. So Ricky informs me that we're going to be having a cookout/Oyster Roast in celebration of my turning 30. What a guy that Ricky! It gets better, he got a cake from the same lady who did Sophie's cake. It was awesome (I have a picture but haven't downloaded it yet). He got balloons and then people started showing up to my surprise. My in-laws, Maegan, Doug, and Addison. My co-worker Kim and her family, my very good friend Pam! Phillip, Rachael, and Kinsey..... Total surprise and much excitement. My mom, sister, and brother did a ton of food, there was wine. It was a great way to spend my birthday. The best part of it all, I had no idea anyone was planning anything. Had I known all these people were coming I would have cleaned :) and not gone by Home Depot :)

I have such an awesome husband. Ricky went through a lot of time and effort to make me feel special. I love him so much! Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated!

So here are a few picture of the IOP race. These are from 2009, which I did not participate. In fact this is my first time running this race.

Going up!

View of the marsh from the connector

Coming down - almost to the finish!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...