Thursday, January 14, 2010

2 Days till 10k

In two days I'll be running my first 10k! According to the forecast it won't be as cold as it's been BUT there is a chance of rain!! I think it's not supposed to rain till the afternoon so my fingers are crossed that it can hold out till the end of the race.

This past weekend I turned it up a notch. I ran 6 miles on the treadmill Saturday (ugh, treadmill is no fun for long runs) and then ran on a trail near our house with Pam and Nikki. We did 7 miles!! I did NOT get another blister (yay!) but my knees were SORE!! I felt like an 80 year old woman hobbling around the next day. Luckily by Tuesday my knees felt great and I ran 3 miles this morning with no problem (well I was a little stiff starting out but about 12 minutes in I felt like a rock star). Did a little weight training as well, nothing too strenuous. Tomorrow, provided I can get up again, I'll do some easy cross training (more than likely the elliptical).

So the original plan was to do the Kiawah Half Marathon this year, that's in December. But I think Pam and I have talked about doing one sooner since we've made it to the half way point. There's a half marathon in Charlotte in April. I think we can do it but we're still up in the air.

Up and coming runs:

Save the Light 5k - Feb. 6th
Flower Town Festival - ??? Sometime in March
Cooper River Bridge 10k - March 27th

Looking forward to warmer weather and more running outside (maybe even taking Sophie out some). It's been so cold here lately (well cold for the South).

1 comment:

Our Family said...

you really amaze me with your running:) Glad someone can do it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...