Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Training Update

T minus 9 days till the Riverfront Race Festival (event is Saturday January 16th). I'm starting to get a little nervous and excited to see how my training efforts have paid off. I have no big goals set, not really looking at time this go around. I mainly just want to run the entire 6.2 miles with out stopping.

On the downside it's been COLD this past week and looks like the cold weather will continue through the weekend and into next. Accuweather shows rain for the 16th but I know that's so far ahead and it could change so I'm not thinking about it yet.

On the upside, my running has gotten so much better in the last 2 weeks. After we ran the bridge, it gave me a huge confidence booster. Saturday I ran 6 miles on the treadmill! Woo hoo! I felt great and wasn't even that sore later in the day. The only thing I need to watch out for is my knees. Sometimes they get a little sore when I run, but I'm trying to give myself some time to recover in between runs. I continue to strength train and cross train on days that I don't run (for cross training I do the elliptical). The problem that I'm "running" into (he he) is that I get recurring blisters on my right foot, the instep. Same spot. I think that the longer I run, my form starts to waiver and then I'm stepping wrong and rubbing my foot against my shoe. That's the only area where I get the blister. I need to google this and see what I can do.

After two days of Sophie not sleeping well, and waking up throughout the night, she finally slept awesome last night so I made it to the gym this morning. I ran 4.6 miles and did some weights. Tomorrow, provided that Sophie sleeps well again, I will shoot for 5 miles. Pam and I are tackling the Cooper River Bridge again Sunday (in the cold) but this will help us for the 16th.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...