Monday, January 18, 2010

Race Results

So I did my very first 10k this past weekend at the Riverfront Race Festival in N. Charleston. This was the inaugural race for the Charleston Marathon and it was very well organized. I was impressed. The had a 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathon (next year they're adding a marathon to the event). I had 2 goals for this race: (1) Run the entire 6.2 miles without walking, and (2) finish in an hour.

I am proud to say that I achieved both my goals. I ran the whole time and my chip time was 59:56! Just shy of 1 hour. I am very proud of myself and this gives me great confidence going forward. I'll be doing the 5k Feb. 6th. I would like to come in under 30 minutes so I've already been training for that. Yesterday I did a 5k on the treadmill in 28:45.


As promised, here are some pictures of Sophie. She's doing the cutest thing now. Whenever one of her little toys plays music, she'll bob up and down (dancing baby style). We get a kick out of it! In the first picture Sophie thought it would be fun to "eat" my cell phone.... after oatmeal.





1 comment:

Our Family said...

She is so looking like Ricky, but then I see a little Jen in her too:) CUTE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...