Wednesday, January 13, 2010

7 Months Old

Yesterday Sophie turned 7 months old! Here are a few updates:

- No teeth yet, but she's working on them. It's hard to really tell what's going on in that mouth because she's very adamant about me NOT putting ANYTHING in her mouth, let alone my fingers. But every once in a while she'll want to chew on my finger. I feel a bump or 2, but nothing breaking the surface. They're there, right under the surface, you can see them but they just won't break through yet. Very soon!!

- Sitting up like a champ. That's all that Sophie wants to do is sit up and play. No more tummy for her, she could care less. Wants to be sitting up like a big girl. Although I try to put her on her tummy, she hates it at this point. When she falls over or gets herself on her tummy, I'm trying to let her "work it out." She can push up on her hands really well and even in the sitting position she'll lunge forward like she's ready to take off but just isn't to that point yet. I try to put her toys just a tad out of reach. Sometimes she sits and stares at them like "hmmm... now how am I going to get that?" I think in the next month or so we're going to see some progress in this area. She watches all the kids at daycare like a hawk. She's a very observant little girl.

- Moving onto 2nd foods. This weekend we're going to be moving Sophie to the 2nd foods. She's eating like a champ, has even come to an understanding with Peas. She'll eat them, but doesn't mean she has to be happy about it :)

- Ms. Personality. Sophie's personality is starting to shine through. She's generally a very happy baby. Now we are at the point where if I take something from her (like the remote control or my cell phone) she gets MAD. It's funny but at the same time I always hate to see her upset.

I'll be posting some pictures this weekend, I have a bunch I've taken but haven't gotten a chance to download them. She's growing so fast!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

such a big little lady. Love that she gets mad with the remote;0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...