Friday, February 17, 2012

Heading Out of Town

OK so 7 miles did not happen this morning. I was lucky enough to make it out of bed at all. I reset my alarm twice and seriously considered sleeping in.

My stomach was feeling funky but I was wide awake.

So I went to the gym but I did not have enough time to get the 7 miles I wanted to do in. I had planned on doing at least 4 but I was feeling tired, slugish and my stomach was still kind of rolling. So I did a 5k on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical and some abs and lunges and called it a morning.

Actually I wanted to do some upper body but looked at my watch and saw that it was time to head home and get ready for work. The other morning I went past my time and ended up running late so I wanted to avoid that this morning.

Still, I felt like I had a good workout so I'm happy I made it out of bed. I knew if I didn't then I would have regretted it since we'll be out of town this weekend and I don't think there will be any time for me to workout. Plus it's going to be raining and the trail I would normally run at my parents house floods when it rains so it's just not looking promising. I'm sure I could find another route but since I'm not really training for anything I will take it easy and visit with my family.

If we make it home in time Sunday I'll try to make a quick run to the gym but it's all good if it doesn't happen. There's always Monday morning.

So this weekend we'll be in Charlotte for my nephew's 2nd Birthday party (his birthday is actually in the 26th along with my husband's). It's at an indoor water park which should be interesting.

So glad it's the end of the week! Even though the weekend will be a whirlwind of driving and visiting with family, I love the weekends. And as much as I miss being able to run and workout, I embrace my rest days because it's rare that I get to relax - and by relaxing I mean my husband will be driving there and back :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...