Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Where I've Been, What I've Been Doing

Well I can sum this post up in a few short sentences.

I've been here, in Charleston and doing the same old, same old.

Working.

Being a Mom.

Running.

Projects around the house.

It never ends, all the above. Actually I've not been bored one bit. I've been extremely busy the last month or so with husband out of town, nephews birthday, husband's birthday (he turned 34 over the weekend - old man!!), projects at work, raising a sassy pants of a little girl. She's cute though, I love her. I think I'll keep her:)

Now on top of everything I'm planning a baby shower for my good friend! There's a co host so I don't have to carry the burden of doing it all myself but the crazy person that I am I seem to be having a hard time delegating duties.

I designed the invitation myself. Bought the graphics for like $5 at an Etsy store called Coca Mint and put it all together in Photo Shop Elements. I LOVE doing stuff like that. I might have to look into doing something like that if and when I get to become a stay at home mom. 

5x7 invitations will print 2 to a sheet of standard 8.5x11 card stock
Reason I did this is because I could not find what I was looking for until I stumbled across the clip art store and realized I had to ability to create my own. I'm happy with the final product. So is Pam and that's all that matters.

I'm also doing a whole printable party package including door signs, food labels, a banner and other decorative items to help keep costs down so we can splurge on food and I am going to do a diaper cake for the centerpiece. 

Random: This is what happens when your daughter won't take a nap:



We get a little goofy! Actually Sophie was making a funny face in the picture above. Good times when it's Mommy and Daughter day. Daddy was skeet shooting (Redneck! Just kidding!).

Random #2: From Sophie's daycare:

I'm glad I made it into the suitcase along with the lizard
Not sure where the lizard came from but at least Mommy is included. May is her stuffed turtle that sleeps with her every night so that's a given.

In other news I'm not knocked up yet. We officially started "trying" this month but I don't think it took. I'm not that person who does ovulation kits and tracks it, takes her temperature and all that stuff. Yes I might have done an online calendar once or twice but ultimately it'll happen when it happens. And without getting down to the nitty gritty but it's hard to "try" when you work, have a kid, and are completely exhausted at the end of the day. So I'll just leave it at that. It'll happen when it happens. 

In the meantime if next week's test comes back negative or the "time of the month" comes we won't "try" in March because we do not want a December baby. So we'll resume in April and see what happens.

If that ends up being the case then I'm thinking about running this race:


I ran it last year. it was the second half that I ran and loved the course. Lots of hills but that's Charlotte. Still up in the air, I have until March 16th to register so that's plenty of time to decide. Free place to stay, grandparents see Sophie and everyone wins!

On the running front things are going well. I have been enjoying not doing long runs and keeping them short and sweet. I'm working to improve my speed for the 10k I have in a few weeks. I really want to either break 50 minutes or just beat my fastest time which is like 51 minutes. 

I feel very strong, hardly any foot pain and I just feel good overall. Sunday I ran 8 miles and I felt good the whole time. I haven't done double digits since the half marathon I ran early this month but I'm currently OK with it. I have dropped two pounds since my marathon training so I'm happy and content with what I'm doing. I've been doing more weight training and speed work but am going to get back into the long runs (keep it 10 - 15 miles) once my life starts to calm down. My husband had a big business trip this month, his annual skeet shoot and then a "man weekend" coming up so I've been full time Mommy on the weekends. It's fine though, I get my runs in during the week and take the weekends to enjoy time with my daughter. I feel very balanced lately. That's good right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...