Thursday, February 16, 2012

What a week it's been.

It all started last Thursday when my husband had to go out of town for work for 4 days, his sales meeting in Orlando, FL. So that left Sophie and me at home for the weekend. 

Which meant no running or working out, unless it was an exercise here or there at home. Brutal!! 

But it was a much needed rest. I would not have taken the time off had he been at home. The plan was to take the whole 4 days off but I cheated and got my mother in law to watch Sophie on Sunday so I could hit the gym and grocery store. She was happy to oblige and Sophie was stoked to play with Gigi.

I had a great run, working on getting a little bit faster since my marathon training left me slow and worn out. I have a 10k to run in a few weeks and I really want to beat my previous time of 51 minutes (and some change).

I have to admit it's been kind of nice just focusing on my shorter runs lately. The last long distance I did was my half marathon almost 2 weeks ago. I won't to keep up the long runs, to a point, but I knew Feb heading into March would be busy so I'm really not sure when I'll get the time.

This morning I did a tempo run and tomorrow morning, provided I can make it up, I will aim for 7 or 8 miles on the treadmill. 

I have also kicked my 5 hour energy habit in preparation for possibly getting pregnant in the near future. It was brutal but I have overcome. Now that doesn't mean caffeine all together, yet!

I have a busy month coming up. Still working full time and still trying to get Sophie's big girl room put together, my husbands birthday is coming up, my father in law's 60th birthday, this coming weekend we are out of town for my nephew's birthday party, my 10 k race March 10th, AND I'm throwing a baby shower for my good friend. 

So I'm happy that I got the marathon out of my system because if I thought that was difficult training through the Holidays, this next month takes the cake. 

I think I've convinced my husband that we need a treadmill for our house, especially if there is another baby in the picture. One the look out for one on Craigslist. Anyone know a good brand to look out for? 

I was sent this picture from the Save the Light Half Marathon I ran on Feb.4th


If you happen to click and get a larger picture you can see the amount of sweat that gathered on my forehead. I take such goofy pictures :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...