Thursday, November 3, 2011

Brings Back Memories

Last night I went to the gym that's close to my office for a Body Pump class. I haven't done Body Pump at this location in three years (since my last job that had a corporate membership with this gym).

Speaking of my last job, I worked for a software company that did online health benefit enrollment for insurance carriers and their employees. I was a Data Analyst and this is what my resume says about my previous position:


· Primarily responsible for ensuring the integrity and synchronization of the data provided to the    insurance carrier and aide in the transfer and exchange of electronic health data.
· Other responsibilities include handling changes in healthcare data made by the HR Administrator          and researching issues during data transmissions.
· Ongoing correspondence with the insurance carrier to ensure the appropriate information was received properly.


It's all very technical so I won't go into detail however my Art degree came in very handy for this job let me tell you. Actually when I interviewed my soon to be manager laughed and sort of made fun of my college education. He wasn't a very good boss to say the least. I kicked ass in that job. I worked long days with no overtime and was stressed to the max. I had never experienced anxiety before until I worked for this company. It was very demanding and it was the happiest day of my life when I left.

Anyway, when I was employed at this company I went to the gym and did Body Pump twice a week. This really helped my weight loss before I got pregnant. I missed it greatly.

Now that I have a corporate membership through my new company I am able to go again, just not as frequently.

For example last night Ricky picked up Sophie so I could head straight there but because he travels and is the bread winner, I pick her up most nights.

I used to think Body Pump was so hard but that was at a time where I wasn't doing much weight training. Last night I noticed that I have come a very long way. I probably could have gone a little heavier than what I did but decided to keep the weight kind of light because I didn't want to be too sore for my long run on Saturday but I had just enough to make it a little challenging while not overexerting myself.

Had a great workout and I was STARVING when I got home.

This morning my alarm went off at it's usual 4:00 but I decided to rest today. I wasn't really sore but my body felt tired so I will run tomorrow.

My husband asked if he snored last night because he was out of breathe right strips. I didn't hear a thing, I slept like a rock.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...