Monday, November 14, 2011

We Don't Need No Education

I sacked out at 8:45 last night. Sophie was out by 8:30. I was going to watch some TV but decided that last night was the rare occasion that I can get into bed early so I figured why not. I'm the early to bed early to rise girl and I need my 8 hours last night.

I was up by 4:15 to go to the gym. Happy Monday.

Actually I wanted to run at least 3 slow miles but my knee started hurting so I stopped and got on the elliptical for 15 minutes and then the bike for 10. The pain is behind my knee, where the hamstring meets the calf. If I turn the wrong way I get this stretchy tender feeling (if that makes any sense). It's not a sharp pain but a "watch it" pain.

I did mostly upper body weights and a few light weight leg exercises. My knee is not currently bothering me only when I step a certain way. So I will ice tonight and hope it's all better tomorrow morning.

I need it to please hurry and get better because I'm too far into this training to get injured.

My brother e-mailed me this morning and asked if I wanted to go see Roger Waters The Wall next year. Tickets were going on sale at 10 am.

I'm a big Pink Floyd fan. I grew up listening to classic rock courtesy of my dad. It stuck. I dig some Journey, Moody Blues, REO Speedwagon to name a few.

So July 10, 2012 I will get as close as I can get to seeing a Pink Floyd show live. It's not Pink Floyd the band, just Roger Waters who was an original band member, I believe he owns the rights to The Wall which is why he can tour and so the show.



Show is in Charlotte so we'll have to work out the logistics of travel later (kid and dogs). And I'll most likely be pregnant but pregnant women can still rock out to some Pink Floyd.

It's almost the most wonderful time of the year and I'm making great progress with my Christmas shopping. Not quite done but I still have a few more weeks before my own personal deadline.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...