Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Trying To Make it Through

I think this is one the first Wed. runs I missed training yet. I am bummed.

When my alarm went off I struggled to get out of bed when I realized that I had cramps (and we all know what that means). So I felt really blah and uncomfortable (you know, the feeling like your uterus is getting squeezed). I reset my alarm, took some Advil and went back to sleep. I hated doing it. I really should have made myself go but I couldn't muster up the energy or the will power - which is the reason I'm bummed. I wimped out. 

I still feel blah and uncomfortable. The first two days are usually like this and then by the third I'm fine. I guess this is the reason for my mood swings the last couple of days. 

And I cried this morning on the way to work because there was a 5 car pile up so I sat in a ton of traffic. Then Sophie told me she pee pee'd in her pants and that's when I started crying. I almost pulled into a gas station to change her but I was almost past the wreck plus I figured if she sat in her pee and didn't like it, maybe she would learn to hold it. I don't know.

When we got to school I pulled out an extra pair of pants and undies, got her out of the car seat and realized....she was dry. She didn't pee pee her pants. Huh. Maybe she had to urge but either way I praised her for not tinkling in her car seat. 

So I'm all frazzled when I get to work, Advil has worn off and cramps are coming back. Luckily I just ate a turkey and veggie sub and took some more Advil.

Luckily tonight is Body Pump class and I have my gym bag sitting right next to me. Ricky is getting Sophie from school and I am determined to make it to the gym tonight. I'm going to try to get in a few miles before and after class. Then tomorrow morning I should be able to get up and do my 8 miles. 

Just a little snag  in the schedule and I have to learn to roll with it and stop getting so upset if I miss a run or workout. But in my defense my time is limited so it's not like I can just do whatever whenever, I got mommy duties and a job so when I miss my run I am very hard on myself. 

Either way I'm hoping that I don't feel crummy this evening but if I do and for some reason turn right onto the interstate instead of staying straight towards the gym. It'll be OK!

1 comment:

Lauren Chestnutt Coburn said...

I live in Charleston as well and I heard about the traffic issues on the radio this am. Luckily I was able to avoid them... but this is a rare thing for me. I hope you start feeling better!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...