Thursday, November 10, 2011

Something Is Better Than Nothing

Supposed to run 8 but only did 6 miles this morning, 53:12, avg pace like 8:41 I think. Oh well, at least I dragged myself out of bed and went to the gym.

I did make it to Body Pump last night and even managed to squeeze in 2 miles before class.

So I guess between last night and this morning it equals 8 right?

Can't decide if I'm going to run again in the morning or take it easy since I have a half marathon on Saturday. I'm still feeling a little icky so I'm basing it on how I sleep tonight and if I can make it up in the morning.

We are leaving for Charlotte, NC around lunch and originally I was going to work half a day but after yesterday's morning traffic fiasco I decided to take the full day off because I deserve a stress free day sometimes. We were having a difficult time working out the logistics of whether Ricky was going to take me to work, pick us up and then hit the road. What about the dogs? I have to get everything packed up and ready to go tonight....it was starting to stress me out so I just decided to take the whole darn day and pack in the morning at my leisure.

See, I try to be conservative with my time off because now that I have a child, it's not really my time off but it's mine plus Sophie's because I need it if she gets sick. Which happened quite a bit that first year and a half of her life.

So around Noon we'll be on the road with plenty of time to stop by the expo and then head to my sister's house to hang out with the family before we have to get up Saturday morning. Sounds much better than trying to work half a day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...