Monday, November 21, 2011

I Haven't Felt Like Blogging

I had a busy weekend.

I'm two weeks behind in my training recaps.

I really don't have anything really interesting to say.

I'm in a funk.

For some reason the Holiday's get me down. I really don't know why other than I work and don't have a whole lot of vacation time (I'd rather take my vacation in the summer and go to the beach). So I don't feel like I get to enjoy the Holiday's. I'm stressed, running around like a crazy woman to get things done, and by the time I have all my decorations up, baking done, home from visiting family, it's time to clean it all up.

So I put on my happy face for my daughters sake and smile my way through it. Honestly if I could just sit and relax and not worry about a tree, decorations and all that crap then I'd do it.

But I do it for Sophie because I remember growing up how my mom was always so festive and it made me happy.

Maybe next year if I get to finally be the stay at home mom I want to be I'll have more time.

Thursday we'll be heading back to Charlotte, NC to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. It's so hard with two families, who gets to spend time with who, then traveling. I really just want to sit at my house and go out to eat. I sound like a Debbie Downer right now. Like I said I'm in a funk.

I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I think I'm getting burned out of running. Between training, working, being a mommy, Holiday's coming up, I feel stretched really thin and starting wondering if this was all a big mistake.

I know I don't have much longer to go and if I quit now I'll regret it for the rest of my life, well until kids are old enough to be self sufficient and I can leave them at the house while I go run. But I'm not a quitter so that's not an option. I want that medal darn in. I want Sophie and my next child to know that Mommy ran a marathon. It's important. So no, I will not quit.

I'm not sure where the statement above come from other than I was so tired after my 19 miles yesterday. But I got it done and I am proud.

I got a later than normal start, about 7:45 I made it to the trail. It warmed up quick too so I was immediately not liking the heat and sun. Plus I had to pee from mile 1 to 5. I am so thankful for that gas station that's close to the trail at mile 5. I felt 5 pounds lighter after. Relief!!!

I stopped again at mile 13, at my car, to get more water because I was out and it was so warm.

I continued on to finish the remaining 6 miles. Finished 19.05, 3:06, avg pace 9:48. Slow. Painfully slow but considering I have never run 19 miles before I'm happy that it was under a 10 minute mile. Barely.

Actually the whole run I felt tired and sluggish, probably because of the weather. It was 75 when I got back in my car.

Today I'm a little sore and taking a rest day. Actually I was supposed to do Body Pump tonight until mu husband forgot that he had a dentist appt. and couldn't pick up Sophie. Oh well, I wouldn't have been very good tonight anyway, I feel so tired today.

I must have a case of the Monday's to feel so blah today. I'll be a bit more peppier tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...