Tuesday, November 8, 2011

There's No Going Back

It's official: We're potty training.



Lord help me!

Yesterday at daycare the teachers introduced the potty. Most of the kids have either started or are already potty trained so Sophie is sort of one of the last one's. I'm OK with that, I've learned that all kids are different and some take a little longer than others to get persuaded to wear big girl panties.

She sat on the potty but never went, except for in her pants :(  It's all good, it's her first full day. It takes a while for them to get the concept and she'll get it in time.

She did make it the whole way home without going in her pants (I have a plastic grocery bag on her car seat just in case) and when we got home she sat on the potty for about 5 minutes reading a book. I don't know if she went or not because I had to let the dogs out.

After dinner she was playing with Daddy. I was upstairs when all of a sudden I hear "Mommy, you need to come down here...."

So I go down and Sophie is jumping up and down all excited. She pooped in the potty! That's my girl!

So even if she doesn't pee pee in the potty maybe we can get the poop part down. I can handle pee.

I ran 5 miles this morning, 42:10, avg pace 8:24. I did the first 3.5 miles with hill intervals and the last 1.5 miles of speed work (on the treadmill of course). Regardless it was a good run.

After the run I didn't have much time to do weights so I did some kettle ball lunges and planks. Then it was time to head home with the sun starting to rise. So nice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...