Thursday, November 17, 2011

An Omen

I should have known last night when my husband told me he had to get out of the house by 5:45 am that things were going to go to hell in a hand basket this morning.

Good things never happen when he has to leave early. I am not exaggerating this.

I needed to run this morning so he told me as long as I was home by like 5:30 it wouldn't be a problem. That means I'd have to be to the gym no later than 4:15, be up about 3:45. No biggie, I've done this before.

Sleeping soundly when I hear crying and "Mommy? Daddy?"

So I go in and Sophie is laying in her bed crying. Looks like just a little nightmare. Well she gets out of bed and wants to go watch cartoons. I think she's still half asleep so I try to convince her that it's still night time and we need to go back to sleep.

Not having it. She starts to meltdown.

So we go in the bonus room and her eyes start to close. So we then go back to her bed and she lays down.

And it takes forever for her to fall back asleep. At one point I think she's out and I get up only for her to roll over and start crying again.

Once she's really asleep I go back to bed and realize that it's 4:15 am. Damn. I missed my time and that means   I cannot go to the gym now. So I go back to sleep.

About 45 minutes later my husbands alarm goes off and that's it. I'm awake.

He leaves and I start to get ready. I turn on the news and hear that there is a multiple car wreck on one of the bridges along my route into work. Then I hear there is a wreck on the other side of the bridge, then 2 more along my alternate routes.

So in short, anyway I go to work there is a wreck.



I decide to call my boss and tell her that I'm just going to be late. There's no way around it. I'm going to take my time, drink my coffee, and let Sophie sleep in some (she was exhausted after finally going back to sleep). Boss is cool with it.

So luckily it all worked out because by leaving an hour later than normal I missed all the traffic.

But bummed that I didn't get to run. However I did go to Body Pump last night and I went a little heavier with the weight and had a really good workout.

There is always tomorrow. And Saturday. Long run has been moved to Sunday because Ricky is on call Saturday, which means he has to work half a day. It's always something to juggle.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...