Friday, November 4, 2011

Just Another Run

I did a slower run this morning, 5 miles, 43:05, avg pace 8:47. Did some abs after.

To be honest I wasn't really feeling it this morning. I didn't sleep well but I knew I would regret it if I didn't at least get some miles in today.

Once I started running I felt good but decided to keep it a little slower because tomorrow I have to do 18 miles.

Even though it's cloudy, rainy and cold today, tomorrow is supposed to still be chilly, sunny and WINDY!!!

I think I read where it's going to be 35 mph wind gusts? Um not cool. I hate running when it's that windy because it makes it harder and it's going to be a cold wind. Not excited.

Last week it was rainy and windy and this time it's just going to be windy. It's OK I will get it done, I have to. Can't do it on Sunday.

I always go by the rule of thumb that what if these are the conditions on race day? I must tough it up and get out there and be blown away! I will try to not look at my watch because then I'll get frustrated.

Other than my run we don't have a whole lot of plans for the weekend. I'm going to attempt to get some projects done around the house and then have dinner with a friend of mine who I have seen in a few months.

My good friend Pam and former running buddy (I say former because she's not really running right now, trying to get preggers!!)
Losts of races this weekend and sad that I won't be doing the James Island Connector 10k tomorrow but it doesn't fall into my training plan. Good thing too with the wind. Up a bridge over the water can not be ideal running conditions but it'll be challenging for sure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...