Monday, August 22, 2011

Figures

So this week I officially begin my marathon training! You'd think I'd be so excited rather than the lame post title above right?

Well, it would figure that my first long run scheduled for the weekend would have to get "rearranged" yet again. Why you ask? Hurricane Irene is currently forecasted to head to the GA/SC coast (if it stays on it's current track).

And the day that they're saying it could hit the east coast? None other than late Friday or early Saturday. Isn't that nice? 

Granted there's nothing I can do about the weather other then adapt and shift things around. So I can either do my 8 miles Thursday (possibly Friday morning) at the gym, on the treadmill (yuck). Or wait till Sunday and hope that the bad weather moves on.

I'm thinking the earlier the better, just in case. 

Of course there's another matter of work, child and household to take care of. They're saying it could reach Cat. 2 status, which makes me wonder if we should pack up and head to Charlotte. Yes I'm paranoid, but you do not mess around with mother nature.

Just not the week for all this to happen but it is what it is. Of course all the people here say "still too early to tell." Whatever, it's never to early to start planning! Why wait till the last minute people? What, so everyone can start to panic at the same time? No thanks. I know how crazy people get around here, it's pandemonium at the first drop of rain.

Yesterday I ran on the beach with my friend Pam. It was hot, it was windy, and it was slow. 4.05 miles, avg pace 9:41, time 39:12. SLOW!

SPLITS

MILETIMEAVG.PACE
19:399'39"/mi
218:549'15"/mi
328:489'54"/mi
438:439'55"/mi
  

Not quite the way I wanted to start my running week but it's ok. I got to run on the beach and that was a nice change from the old treadmill. 

Today is a rest day and tomorrow I have 3 miles on the schedule.

I supposed to sign up for the marathon this week but I think I'll put it off till next week because this is just not the way I wanted to start things and I'm bummed. Not doing well for my confidence.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...