Monday, August 15, 2011

New Beginings

The decision to change my blog came last week when I realized that I blog more about running now a days, since it's become a major part of my life. I still love to share what the Bell Family is up to, but once I begin my marathon training, I plan on blogging about my experience to help others who may be be able to relate to a full time working mom who's training for her first marathon. It will also help hold me accountable with what I am trying to accomplish....cross the finish line in one piece.

So lately I've been taking it easy running so I don't burn out before I start training. My parents came down for a visit this past weekend so we went to the beach on Saturday for a couple of hours. Weather was still hot but not too terrible. We've had some nasty thunderstorms but the rain is much needed!! 

Still not running outside a whole lot. It's just way to hot and humid. I tried to get out the door Saturday morning but the air was so thick, I just wasn't feeling it. 

So yesterday I managed 7.06 miles on the treadmill, avg pace 8:37 . To be honest I'm getting tired of the treadmill! So it really needs to start cooling down so I can get outside. I plan on doing all my long runs outside, weather permitting. During the week they will mostly be in the wee hours of the morning on the treadmill, or when I get home from work (and that almost never happens due to sitting in traffic and mommy duties when we get home).

Today was a day off since Monday's will be a rest day. Also it's the first day of school in the county where I live which means....traffic!!!!! So I needed to get up and out of the house so I could get Sophie to daycare at a decent time since she was starting in her new classroom. She was not happy with the change but I know in a week or so she'll be running in there with a smile. She's like her momma, hate change!

In this new classroom she'll start potty training! Not looking forward to this new stage in life but it must be done. I got a little teary eyed because she's growing up so fast. 

So tomorrow I hope to drag myself out of bed and run 3 or 4 miles plus do some weights. Tomorrow is the true test of getting out of the house in time because Charleston county school starts and I pass three different schools to get to work and the traffic is horrible. Apparently nobody rides the school bus anymore. I wonder if my sanity can handle another school year. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...