Thursday, August 18, 2011

Today's Workout: 3.51 Miles with Hills

This morning's run consisted of a 3.5 mile hill run (on the treadmill) with a short arm and leg workout.

Time 28:12, avg pace 8:01

Splits:

SPLITS

MILETIMEAVG.PACE
17:557'55"/mi
216:008'05"/mi
324:028'02"/mi



I wonder what the .5 was, Nike+ does not tell me that.

It's all good, tomorrow I will be purchasing my Garmin! I'm torn between the Forerunner 205 and 305. Really the only difference is the 305 has a hear rate monitor, which I don't really care one way or the other. I will probably only use the Nike+ for the treadmill runs and Garmin for when I run outside and obviously on my long runs.

Ricky has purchased a bike so we are all set to start next week. I will be registering for the race next Wednesday after I get paid. And then it's for real!!

I had about 30 minutes after my run so I decided to do a short arm and leg circuit which consisted of:

Walking lunges (3 sets)
Bicep curls with dumbbells (2 sets of 15)
Triceps extensions (1 set)
Squats (1 set)
More bicep curls with Troy Bar (18 lbs)
Triceps dips (1 set)
Elevated lunges (1 set)
Shoulder sequence (8 exercises, 8-10 reps with no rest - killer burn!)

I was going to do abs but honestly I drank so much water that it started to slosh around, so I did the elliptical for my remaining 10 minutes.

Then it was home to hurry and get ready for work.

On the home front, Sophie sat on the potty last night, the big potty! She didn't do anything but the fact that she asked to and was interested in it is a big step!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...