Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Icky Sticky Run

As I'm sitting here typing this post, my daughter is reading a book called "The Icky Sticky Frog." She's too cute trying to read it, however she does know a few of the parts. She's getting really into it and it's making me laugh.

This morning I headed out to do a short run around my neighborhood because it's still so humid out. Thick air just really makes it difficult to get moving, for me at least. I hate running in the summer time, just really zaps the energy from me. Not to mention my water went from cold to luke warm within the first mile and I was sweating like a pig. Blah.

So I managed 4.35 miles, avg. pace 9:09 (slow!) in 39:52. I felt ok but not spectacular. That makes 19.31 miles for the week.

Already I have to tweak my long run for next week. My husband is on call for his job so he has to go in his office for a few hours on Saturday. That means I'll either be running 8 miles on the treadmill at the gym or move my long run to Sunday morning. Not the way I wanted to stat my training but it is what it is and I will have to learn to adjust. This will happen once a month so I need to be able to be flexible.

Now it's off to clean! What a fun way to spend a Saturday! The good part is I'm with my daughter. If only she were old enough to help me clean!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...