Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene, here and gone

I left work at noon yesterday becauase they were closing daycare due to the tropical storm conditions we were going to experience. Hurricane Irene brushed past Charleston.

Let me just say that as I understand it's better to be safe than sorry but I've driven in worse storms than what we had yesterday. In my opinion it was a lot of hype and not a whole lot from the Hurricance in our area.



Photo from the Charleston Post and Courier - and let me just point out the boaters in this picture are not smart.
So there goes a half day that I will have to make up, which really stinks but it is what it is I guess.

On the bright side, it was fun to spend an afternoon with my daughter. I was exhausted last night, she ran me ragged! It's times like those I wonder what two kids are going to be like....

I'm flip flopping training days. Today will be cross training and tomorrow will be my 8 mile run. My hubby is at work for a few hours this morning and it's still not 100% out there. It's 80 degrees at 7:00 so even if I wanted to, the humidity would have killed my motivation. Tomorrow is going to be better all around.

So once the hubster gets home I will head to the gym and probably so some eliptical, bike and weights. I am going to sneak in a 2 mile run to try out my new Brooks shoes even though they say not to run the day before your long run.

Hope everyone along the east coast is being safe as Irene heads your way!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...