Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Marathon Training Day 3

I did NOT want to get out of bed for the 2nd day in a row at 4 am. It was tough, I desperately wanted to turn off my alarm and go back to sleep. But I got up and dragged myself downstairs to get ready. And I went.

Honestly I would have gone back to sleep but my husband has to leave the house really early tomorrow so I knew I wouldn't be able to push it off.

This morning was a scheduled 5 miles. My legs were still a little sore from weights yesterday but I felt pretty good once I got going. I did a modified, shorter version of Ab Ripper X and then headed home to get ready for work.

I'm seriously sick of the treadmill and need a break. I'm desperate to run outside! So Saturday Irene is going to sweep by us and dump a crap load of rain. Sunday looks like I'm going to do my 8 miles. I was thinking about 8 on the treadmill Friday but I really don't want to do the treadmill again. Plus my Garmin arrived yesterday and I really want to try it out.

Today's run: 5.4 miles, 43:25, avg pace 8:02
Splits:

MILETIMEAVG.PACE
17:567'56"/mi
215:557'59"/mi
324:018'06"/mi
432:068'05"/mi
540:088'02"/mi




Tomorrow is supposed to be 3 miles (with hills and strength training) but I'll probably end up just doing some weights at home. I'm cool with that since Sunday I did 4 miles that were not on the schedule so it kind of makes up for what I'll miss tomorrow.

All is well with Sophie. She continues to sit on the potty but hasn't actually gone in the potty for us. I think we're going to take a weekend next month and just put her in underwear and do the potty like every 30 minutes or something. Need to get this kick started. Plus Labor Day weekend is going to be paci takeaway. She currently only gets it at night but we need to throw this thing away and just bite the bullet. She sleeps so well with it I'm terrified on what the nights might be like. But I know it's for the best and we will have to suck it up.

I'm looking to purchase another running shoe. I like my Saucony Pro Grid Ride 3's but I'm not sure if they are something I will be able to do my long runs in. I think these are a great short distance shoe but as I get tired I know my running form wavers and I want to avoid an injury.

I'm thinking of trying the Brooks Ravenna that's on sales at Running Warehouse. From what I read they have moderate support and just the right amount of cushion for mild pronaters. I feel good in my Saucony's but again, I feel I need a little something extra for my long runs.

Time to break out the row boat because it's going to be a wet one this weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...