Thursday, September 29, 2011

25 Random Things About Me

In an attempt to make my blog a little more interesting and not always about running and training, here's 25 random facts about me:

1) I grew up in Charlotte, NC but was born in Denver, CO (lived there for a short time). Then we lived in Minneapolis, MN (which my Mom HATED because it was so cold) then we moved to Charlotte when I was 3 and we've lived there ever since.

2) I'm the youngest - I have an older brother and sister. I was the "oops" baby. 

3) My sister and I did not get along at all growing up but are best friends now. We talk on the phone everyday. She's the most caring person I've ever known and I can tell her pretty much anything.

4) My siblings and I all went to the same University. I don't think this was by choice, it was a good school. However we hardly ever hung out together. 

5) I attended East Carolina University for 3 years (where my siblings also went) and then transferred to University of North Carolina at Charlotte where I ended up graduating from. At the time this seemed like the best decision because of financial reasons, however looking back, I wish I would have stayed. 

6) I met my husband the summer I transferred schools so I guess there's a reason for everything.

7) I played basketball from the age of 9 till I was a sophomore in high school. I was always the shortest one on the team but received MVP my sophomore year. I quit the team the next year because it was no longer something I enjoyed doing. Year round practices and camps can burn a person out plus my grades were dropping. In hindsight I was depressed. I hated high school.

 8) I ran track in middle school. I ran the half mile and mile and received the "Outstanding Distance Runner" award. I can't even remember what my fastest times are. Basketball was always my first love.

9) I have a horrible memory. I have little memories of my childhood, only certain things stick out but they are hazy and I cannot recall details of events (I did not have a bad childhood by any means but just don't have a great long term memory). However I can remember the outfit I work to three weeks ago (brown gaucho pants and a flower shirt).

10) I hate scary movies and movies that contain a lot of violence. I prefer a nice romance or comedy.

11) I love to read. I'd rather read a book than watch TV. Not only do I like to read but I like to read the same books over and over again. People think this is strange but it's like watching a movie that you've already seen before. 

12) I'm not a sports fan. I'd rather watch a movie or Real Housewives than watch a Football or Basketball game. I guess I did enough of that when I actually played sports.

13) My husband and I worked together for a year before we ever met. We worked at Golds Gym and when I was away at ECU he went to school at Winthrop University. He would go home for the Holidays and I would come home and work. 

14) We lived together before we were married and because he was such a great guy my parents were OK with this. I'm an advocate because I feel like we worked out the kinks before our wedding day.

15) We were engaged on July 4, 2003. Ricky called this his "loss of independence day." Funny guy.

16)  I got pregnant first month we tried.

17) Even though I was excited to be pregnant, I was scared to death at the prospect of becoming a Mom.

18)  I suffered zero morning sickness and craved pizza and mac and cheese first 4 months of my pregnancy. I'm scared that I will be sick as a dog with my 2nd.

19) Our girl name choices were Sophie Elizabeth, Caroline Avery, and Meredith Cecilia. We threw all three names in a hat and drew Sophie Elizabeth.

20) I have a BA in Art and I would not change that for anything, I loved going to art school, however I wish I would have concentrated on graphic design or become a teacher.

21) Because I work full time I often have "working mom guilt" that I can't cook better meals, that Sophie has to sit in traffic with me, that she has to wake up so early during the week, the list goes on and on. But she loves going to school, is learning a lot, and has friends so I don't feel as bad.

22) I'm addicted to ice cream. I could seriously eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner.
23) I'm claustrophobic. I hate being in crowds, probably because I'm so short I feel like everybody's butt is in my face. I have a fear of getting trampled in a crowd. 

24) My biggest pet peeve is when people smack or pop their gum.

25) I'm a Republican - GASP!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...