Wednesday, September 7, 2011

No Run Today

I had 5 miles on the schedule for this morning but there were a few things that prevented me from getting out of bed:

1) My legs are still so sore from cycling the other day and then running yesterday that I felt like I needed to rest them today. Don't want to injure myself so I'm taking extra care.

2) My husbands work phone rang at like 1:00 in the morning and he has the volume up the highest it will go so I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest when it rang. See when a pump goes down they have this auto dialer that calls different people to let them know that it went down. Love it when it does that in the middle of the night. Really.

3) Phone rang AGAIN right as I was starting to nod off.

4) Husband starting snoring at various times throughout the night and I think at one point I told him if he didn't stop I was going to kill him.... maybe I said that, but then again anything said in the middle of the night cannot be held against you. We learned that from the newborn baby months.

By the time my alarm went off I could have totally gotten up but I just wasn't feeling it. I am also cursed with being a light sleeper so any little noise made in the middle of the night I'm usually going to wake up to. Ironically Sophie sleeps through the night (FINALLY!) but Ricky has turned into a snorer, not to mention the dog also snores. And for some reason the last week and a half I have not been sleeping well. That's another thing I go through every couple of months. I can fall asleep almost instantly but cannot stay asleep.

So I'm swapping my Friday rest day with today and running my 5 miles tomorrow and 3 miles on Friday. I'm OK with this because Saturday's long run is only going to be 6 miles so I don't feel it's too much.

Yesterday Ricky bought me a bike for $50 off of craigslist! I want to be able to go for a bike ride on my cross train days (which are typically Sundays) and not be stuck in the gym when the weather starts turning cooler. Plus there aren't any spin classes at the gym on Sundays and I get really bored on the elliptical. So I'm very excited to have a bike, I honestly haven't owned one in forever. Nor ridden one so we'll see if it's "just like riding a bike."

My new (used) bike:

Image from the craigslist add
This morning was 66 degrees when I left the house at 7:00. Felt so good to step out of the house and not immediately start sweating. However as I was driving to work I wished I could be out running in this glorious morning. Oh well. Maybe Saturday morning will be this nice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...