Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Hurricane Season

I didn't make it out of bed this morning. Bummer. I got a new book yesterday, The Hunger Games, and was very excited to start reading it. Next thing I know it's like 10:45, yikes! 

I go to sleep and next thing I know my alarm is going off at 4:00. I remember re-setting it for a few more minutes and then when it went off again I must I just turned it off, I think I remember doing this but honestly I was out of it. Next time I wake up it's 6:05.

Oops!!

Must have been really tired so I will cut myself a little slack being that it's been a long (short) week at work. Plus staying up late, yes 10:45 is very late for me, didn't help my chances making it out of bed.

I will try to run my 3 miles tonight after work but I'm usually not very motivated to do anything after a long day at work. We'll see, stranger things have happened.

Looking forward to tomorrow's run and trying out my bike. Weather is going to be really nice this weekend but now there's Tropical Storm Maria lurking out in the Atlantic. 



Not cool seeing as we're headed to the beach for a long weekend next week. Please turn north Maria!! 

At the same time this is the risk you take when you rent a beach house during the heart of hurricane season (my in-laws rented one for the week, we're just going down Thursday after work). 

I'm being optimistic that this one will miss us too, although it's too soon to tell but by the picture above she's turned more north already. Of course it would be ideal if she missed land all together.

This morning was 62 degrees when I left the house....love!! So I'm very excited to run in the morning, even if it's just 6 miles. Actually I'm thinking of doing 7 miles just for the fun of it.

This morning was my kid free ride into work. Since Sophie's daycare is literally 2 minutes away from my office I take and pick her up 99% of the time. I've told my husband that I need one day....just one day where he takes and picks her up. It's out of the way for him but I need that mental break just one day. 

She's not a bad kid by any means but we're in the temper tantrum phase and any little thing can set her off. For example the other day I thought she wanted me to press play on the DVD player in the car. So I did. Apparently that's not what she really wanted and she proceeded to scream and whine the entire. way. home.

A person can only take so much of that when they are sitting in traffic days on end and have about an hour commute to and from work. 

So I get one day to just listen to the radio....or nothing at all. Silence is golden sometimes. 

At the same time I miss her and get sad when she's super excited to ride in daddy's truck and not with mommy. Daddy is the greatest thing since she doesn't see him as much as me so I guess I can't really blame her. 

However hopefully this little tiny break will make her excited to see mommy when we all get home this evening, and it usually does!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...