Monday, September 12, 2011

Return of the Pink Eye

Interesting title right? This weekend I contracted pink eye, only in my left eye. This is my 3rd time in less than a year getting pink eye. So to say I'm frustrated in an under statement because I had to throw out contacts and try to run with my glasses on (or run without and have everything be blurry sending me into a state of confusion).

Saturday morning was so nice and cool, I thoroughly enjoyed my run. It was only 6 miles but I wanted to run fast. Fast for me is not what some people would consider fast but that's OK.

I ended up doing 6.76 miles in 1:00:01. Since I run on the treadmill a lot I'm way faster on it because it keeps me going at a constant speed. On the road I speed up, slow down, have to stop for cars. I need to run more on the road but my weekdays just don't really allow that to happen. It is what it is sometimes.

The most important thing is I felt good!

After the run I got to try out my new (used) bike. I love it!! I haven't a bike in years! Well one that moves anyway. We road 6 miles on top of what I had just run. I feel so bad for Sophie. She wants to be a grown up so bad and ride a bike like a big girl. So she had to ride in the bike trailer but I promised her one day she'll have a big girl bike.

I finished out Week 3 with a total of 16 miles. It was nice to have a sort of leisure week.

This week starts long runs in the double digits. This morning was a rest day. I actually was going to get up and run but after yesterday's workout I decided I needed the rest day after all.

Yesterday's workout consisted of a 7 mile bike ride and then weights at the gym. I did about a 45 minute circuit train and was sweating big time after!! I felt great. Only bad thing was I still had to wear my glasses because my pink eye was a little worse (don't worry I didn't touch my eye at all so I don't feel I contaminated anything) and my glasses kept slipping off my nose.

I'm into week 4 of training and still feeling great!


Picture with my Sophie girl using the self timer. She kept wanting to take more pictures but this is one of the only one's that turned out well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...