Monday, September 5, 2011

Weathermen Are Liars

Yesterday morning I woke up, checked the weather, and decided it would be an awesome beach day. According to weather.com they were forcasting 85 degrees and 20% chance of rain. Perfect day!

I should have been a meteorologist. I could totally botch the weather and still have a job because when we got to the beach it was cloudy and storms were brewing off the coast. We even saw a potential water spout. After 2 hours and no clearing in our future, we packed it up and headed home.

On the way home it poured. Like flash flood poured. I guess that was the 20% right there. For the rest of the afternoon it was cloudy. Sun tried to peak out yesterday late afternoon but overall it wasn't a great day. Thanks weather people, the things I could have gotten done around the house. Oh well.

Then of course today was supposed to be the rainy, crappy day. I even forwent the morning run on the trail because they said there were going to be morning showers. Wrong again forecasters. Seriously, to be wrong half the time and still hold a job, I missed my calling.

Oh well, Sophie still had a blast at the beach yesterday.



Onto training:

Saturday morning I did my 9 mile long run. It went pretty well, it wasn't as cool as the damn weather people originally forecasted (you see a theme here). Instead of the 69 degrees we were supposed to have, it was 72 when I started out and kind of humid.

9.01 miles, 1:26:15, avg pace 9:34

Spilts:
Mile 1 9:24
Mile 2 9:28
Mile 3 9:40
Mile 4 9:28
Mile 5 9:47
Mile 6 9:51
Mile 7 9:38
Mile 8 9:18
Mile 9 9:33

I felt good overall but kind of tired. I feel like if I took the day before off like my training called for maybe I would have felt better. Not sure, but I do know that I hate running in warm humid weather. It zaps the energy right from me. Ready for Fall. I say that a lot but I'm ready for it to be cooler in the morning. 

Yesterday I had a rest day mainly because my legs felt tired when I woke up and we had decided to go to the beach. When we got home I was going to head to the gym but my poor husband got called in for work due to an issue with one of his pumps. He didn't get home till 8:30, poor guy. Then I was going to go on a walk with Sophie but to be totally honest, I was tired and lazy so we just hung out and played.

Today was cross training day and I did my first cycle class in like a year. It was tough but a good tough! My legs welcomed the change. I then tried to get a couple of miles in after but was legs were a bit wobbly. Plus I have to keep reminding myself that cross train days should be run free.... that's kind of difficult but I need to remember to give myself a break.

Before cycle I did some weights and then I did some more weights after cycle. A great workout overall. So I'll be ready for my 3 miles bright and early tomorrow morning! Actually it won't be bright and early, it'll be dark and early.

It was nice to not have to go to work today and I'm looking forward to a short week this week. Also next week I'll be at Edisto Beach Friday through Sunday with my in-laws. Summer is ending which makes me sad because I love going to the beach so much but again, I'm ready for cooler weather!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...