Thursday, September 29, 2011

Twas the Night Before My Birthday

I have been very obsessed with age since I turned 30 so the fact that I turn 31 tomorrow gives me some anxiety, especially when my husband called me an old woman this morning. Granted I hardly look a day over 25 (which is both good and bad) but just the fact that I'm no longer going to be 30 but in my 30's makes me slightly sad. I mean feel like just yesterday I was 27 (that was 4 years ago - yikes!)

Time flies, especially when you have kids. Sophie is almost 2 1/2 so I guess it's natural to start thinking about having another baby. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I'm not getting any younger and these eggs are the age that I am so if we wait another year or two I get nervous that I will have a problem or baby will have a problem. Basically once you turn like 34 I think they consider you "high risk." That just makes me nervous.

At the same time I don't feel like I'm ready to have another baby yet. I'm exhausted just dealing with one kid. Plus factor in that I work full time makes it even more exhausting and stressful. However if and when we do have another baby I will more than likely stay home for a while and then find something part time.

I work about 45 minutes away from my house so the traffic to get from my house to work is a little but of a pain. I take that back, my commute stinks and I can't imagine doing this drive with 2 kids screaming at me. Some days it takes 35 - 40 minutes to get here, if there's no traffic. And then there's days where, like today, there is some sort of incident and it took me hour and a half to get here. Plus the cost of daycare is crazy. We pay $145 a week just for Sophie and I think newborn is something like $170. So for two kids in daycare would be over $1200 a month and I would essentially be working to put kids in daycare. Plus all the gas money to drive to and from work just doesn't seem worth it.


Of course it scares the crap out of me to not be working or bringing in some type of income so I've got to see what I can do from home.

Anyway, getting pregnant sometime after my marathon is still the plan. Sophie would make an awesome big sister so maybe I do sort of do have baby fever again (comes and goes). After no. 2 we're done. I've always said that I would only have two kids and Ricky is in agreement with this.

Changing subjects, I ran 6.79 miles this morning on the treadmill. Time was 50:21, avg pace 7:25. I would just like to point out these numbers came from my Nike plus watch. I don't think this is very accurate and I'm darn sure I did not run this fast.

I know I stopped the treadmill at 6 miles so someone is wrong. As I appreciate Nike plus telling me I ran this fast, I'm going with the treadmill on this one. However, I did do some interval on the treadmill but the fastest I went was like 7.9 for .5 miles.

I do not remember all the intervals I did, sorry. My brain can't handle all these numbers and I didn't have a pad and paper to write it all down, nor would I even think about pausing the treadmill just to write it down.

Either way I ran faster every .5 miles until the last mile I did every .25 miles. Makes sense? Not really? Me either. Helps keep the treadmill runs entertaining though.

After that it was rush home and get ready for work only to sit in traffic and be late anyway.

And yes, even though my husband jokingly called me an old woman, he's no spring chicken either as he's going to be 34 soon. Ha!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...