Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 5 Recap - Now Caught Up

After this recap of Marathon Training  Week 5, I'll be caught up and then will (hopefully) blog about the remaining weeks as they actually end, and not 2 and 3 weeks after they've ended. When I this blog used to be my family blog I was lucky if I posted once a month. So here it goes:

Day 1 - Sunday
Cross Train Rest
We got home from the beach right before lunch and hung out with my brother and sister-in-law who stayed at our house to watch our dogs. They wanted some Sophie time before they hit the road, which was great for us because we had 2 cars to unload and bags to unpack, laundry to do, etc....
I was going to go to the gym because it looked like it was going to rain, but I lacked the energy and motivation.

Day 2 - Monday
Rest
I was going to get up and do some cross training but I slept poorly and had a bit of a sore throat. So instead of sucking it up I re-set the alarm.

Day 3 - Tuesday
3.24 miles, 26:02, avg pace 8:01 and some circuit training.


Day 4 - Wednesday
6 miles Rest
Didn't make it out of bed like I had planned. Didn't feel I had enough time to make it to the gym since my husband had to leave kind of early that morning. He snored for the rest of the morning after I re-set my alarm so I never really went back to sleep. I wanted to hold the pillow over his face to make it stop :) Kiddning, sort of. 


Day 5 - Thursday
3 miles 6.26 miles, 50:35, avg pace 8:05.
Redeemed myself this morning! Had a great run. Just love those mornings when you've slept good and then you have a good workout. Makes me feel less guilty for having slept in the day before.


Day 6 - Friday
Rest
Wanted to see how my long run went without running the day before so I opted out of my 3 miles that I was going to make up.

Day 7 - Saturday
12.03 miles, slow. 1:57:51, avg pace 9:47
Weather was not cool like I thought it was going to be. Apparently we had some tropical weather move through so it was warm and muggy and I was not happy about it. Set out for 12 nonetheless and ended up having to walk some the last 2 miles. I drank all my water and felt sluggish and hot. That's about when the sun started shining and it hit me like a ton of bricks. My time was not ideal but I finished at that's what counts.
So far Week 6 is going very well and now I'm caught up on my recaps!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...